Δευτέρα 8 Νοεμβρίου 2010

Protégé - a key to success

Last year, I chose a course about Semantic Technologies and I had to develop an Ontology using OWL and test it with Protégé. I was familiar with OWL coding so at first I started writing the code with a txt editor. But as I was inserting new  classes, I realized that typing all this code would be a waste of time.  So, I decided to work on Protégé which generates the code.

After googling for a while, I found this great tutorial by Matthew Horridge and his team. I downloaded the 1.2 Edition. I highly recommend  this tutorial to anybody who intends to work with Protégé and OWL ontologies.

From the official site of Protégé:
Protégé is a free, open source ontology editor and knowledge-base framework.

The Protégé platform supports two main ways of modeling ontologies via the Protégé-Frames and Protégé-OWL editors. Protégé ontologies can be exported into a variety of formats including RDF(S), OWL, and XML Schema. (more)

Protégé is based on Java, is extensible, and provides a plug-and-play environment that makes it a flexible base for rapid prototyping and application development. (more)
Protégé is supported by a strong community of developers and academic, government and corporate users, who are using Protégé for knowledge solutions in areas as diverse as biomedicine, intelligence gathering, and corporate modeling.

Cheers,

Angeliki

15 σχόλια:

  1. Êtes-vous toujours inquiet à l'idée d'obtenir un kamas dofus? Craignez-vous d'être attaqué par le site Web? Bienvenue sur https://www.mmoah.fr/kamas-dofus pour acheter des kamas dofus au prix le plus bas.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή